"The Childe...More restless than the swallow in the skies..." -Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ink in "The Planetary Report"

Below is a Hubble Space Telescope photo that I wrote a blurb about. To my delight, my paragraph accompanies this photo in a tribute to Hubble published in the current issue of The Planetary Report. This magazine is published by The Planetary Society. As a struggling writer, this was a sweet little victory for me.



In my caption, I briefly explain how this photo offers perspective through juxtaposing an asteroid with the vast universe. It also offers a bit of comedy. When I first viewed the photo, I literally chuckled at this little fellow crashing Hubble's attempt at a panorama. Anyhow, it was a thrill and an honor to see a bit of my writing make it into such a wonderful publication. To read my actual caption, you will need to peek at a society member's copy. Or better yet, join The Planetary Society!

July 20th approaches folks. Hope you will join all space enthusiasts in remembering and celebrating the Apollo 11 moon landing.

No comments:

Post a Comment