"The Childe...More restless than the swallow in the skies..." -Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

Saturday, August 8, 2009

C'mon Ladies, Rebuff Me Now!

I'm not saying this makes me sexy(er) or more cool, or for that matter cool at all. But I would be denying myself a fit of silly vanity if I didn't announce the following:

Goodreads, a website for people who love reading and discussing books has named me their #8 Top Reviewer this month. And I did it the hard way with 155 original reviews-- each a thoughtful take on a book I've read in its entirety. (Okay, so I mostly recycled one review for each of Isaac Asimov's Foundation novels, but that was my whole point. My thesis was you have to read all three novels to fully enjoy even one).

Anywhooo, I invite any remaining friends who don't pray to the Oracle of Facebook via heave offerings to the demigod Twitter to try out Goodreads.com. It's a great way to catalog your lifetime of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment