What follows is the complete version of my memo. The redacted portions have lines through them. Since it wouldn't have been appropriate to circulate this version to the office staff, I've chosen instead to publish it on the Internet.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Here are some notes about our new copier we should all be aware of
I’ve pinned up
There is also a handout called “Getting to Know Your Machine”
- Loading new paper
thatpaper after it jams
- A key for the Touch
y FeelyPanel Display
- A basic Trouble Shooting Guide
for basic folk like yuhnmee!
- Operating Manual (The one you will actually need).
- Digital Imaging & Networking Manuals (You shouldn’t need these
, but go ahead and ask me perplexing questions about them so I yet again fail to make it to lunch with my ego intact).
- When using the Manual Feed Tray, do not use heavyweight paper,
your face,carbon paper, your butt,or stapled paper.
- Please smooth out creased paper to reduce copier wear and tear
(or don’t. Really, who ever got fired for this).
- Whenever copying onto cardstock, use the Bypass Tray on the right side of the copier.
Yes, your right.
- WARNING: When
making face/ass copiesor removing jammed paper, pay attention to warning labels about how hot the machine gets.
That’s some basic stuff.