"The Childe...More restless than the swallow in the skies..." -Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Spring Images of Washtenaw County Michigan

An Oak Tree Near Dexter, Michigan

I shot this at my supervisor's request earlier this Spring. She wanted a nice picture of this particular tree using the company's new Nikon D7000, and she wanted it before the leaves arrived. I did a bit of touch up in Photoshop to bring out the clouds and hide a utility box.


Below is how the same tree would appear in a bad Highlander sequel (which is to say...a Highlander sequel). I wish I could say this abstract version was a technical feat, but I was just experimenting with Tone Curves in Adobe's Camera Raw. What are Tone Curves? As the picture makes clear, you should ask someone other than me.


Here is the same scene touched up with the Patch Tool in Photoshop. Bye-bye to all evidence that there are parking lots and vehicles nearby.


'A Bird of Free and Careless Wing...'

The above words are Lord Byron's and reference a bird of spring. The stanza I took them from is kind of a downer, so I won't quote the whole thing. In any case, here is one of many finches that abide in Washtenaw County--seen through the blinds of my office window. It made several concerted attempts to get through the window before settling down and saying cheese. This photo was taken with an older Nikon Coolpix 2500. For me this image, like the ones above, was really about introducing myself to serious cameras and software.

No comments:

Post a Comment