"The Childe...More restless than the swallow in the skies..." -Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Best of Facebook Status Updates: Volume 4

  • I enjoy how--anywhere I've lived--the locals think they coined the phrase, 'Don't like the weather? Wait five minutes. It'll change.'
  • Having a specific--especially a mystical--muse, seems kinda hokey. It strikes me as an elegant way of admitting you hope your artwork gets you laid.
  • We got trouble!...Right here in Chelsea City!...With a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for pissed-off pretentious pooches barkin' at people walkin' on the other frickin' side of the street.
  • Important Kitchen Tip: It's a good idea to keep a backup set of twisty ties. You may never need them. But if the twisty tie you just barely removed from a loaf of bread disappears into an alternate universe, you'll be prepared.
  • 7 or 8 finches out on my front step just engaged in what to my ears sounded like a terribly heated argument. I suspect it was about the debt ceiling.
  • I find that when a squirrel is having an existential crisis, it's best to just give him a few minutes and some space to work through it.
  • NPR's Scott Simon just favorited one my tweets. YEAH!!
  • Lunchtime Mission: Okay folks, this photo I took is scoring in the Top 10 search results for 'startled squirrel'. I want to reach the Top 3. Help me out. Please do a Google Image Search for "startled squirrel' and click on this image when you see it. This is why I got into writing. Thanks.
  • Thanks to everyone who has taken the time and clicked the links to help my blog reach 3,000 page views

2 comments:

  1. oh Dog! Scott Simon follows you? How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeze, I wish he was following me. Nah, but he has favorited 2 or 3 of my tweets to him. Scott Simon is actually quite generous when it comes to designating Tweets from his followers as favorites. It's his way of thanking listeners to this program. One of those things that makes him cool. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete