"The Childe...More restless than the swallow in the skies..." -Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Best of Facebook Status Updates: Volume 5

On the lighter side

  • When a coworker brings in half of a Cookie Monster b'day cake to share, and then has you take home a section, try to make sure it's not the section with just the muppet's eyes. Cuz it's kind of spooky. I mean, I ate it. It was delicious. But it was spooky delicious.
  • When God closes a door, Congress defunds the window.
  • I'm watching the Kardashians on E Channel. So I understand women now.
  • I love this new shirt so much I'm gonna share my Faygo soda with it.
  • Haven't seen Captain America. But I'm already looking forward to the slightly darker, more cerebral sequel where the title character will confront deep personal doubts and leave movie fans praising the film's innovative story.
  • Gotta be honest. I actually did have a bat fly straight at my face a couple weeks ago, but I have yet to want to wear spandex or fight crime.
  • I am the Rocky Horror fan of NPR. Earlier, during a piece on the melting of the Arctic Ice Sheet, a climatologist prefaced her research by saying, "What happens in the Arctic..." I bolted upright and shouted at my radio, "Stays in the Arctic!!" That's not what she said next, but for a moment I totally felt like I was part of the broadcast.

On a serious note:

  • I went to the Borders viewing last night. Despite purchasing four pieces of the cadaver at 20% off, I still left despondent.
  • ‎'If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.' Thomas Paine, 1776

No comments:

Post a Comment