"The Childe...More restless than the swallow in the skies..." -Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Script Frenzy Winner and Penguin Triumphant

Last November I participated in National Novel Writing Month. In April I signed on for a similar challenge: Script Frenzy. This self-dare requires writing 100 pages of original script in 30 days. The result for me was a play I've been meaning to start for awhile: Adrian's Dream. What's it about? Here is the working logline: 
The pregnant young wife of a boxer slips into a coma as a pacifist; she will wake up as a warrior.


Cute Penguin Makes it to Number One


Until this week, my most visited blog post was a concession speech spoof. No longer. Thanks to a steady flow of visitors, I am proud to announce my new most-viewed blog post. The honor goes to...Blue Shift and the Penguin Cometh!


The cynics will tell you this milestone is merely a fluke of search engine optimization. Says one critic, "Childe Jake just slapped together a post with common search terms like 'penguin' and 'Photoshop filters.'" But when I attended the red carpet celebration held in Cute Penguin's honor, I knew this was no fluke. Just look at that flipper phenom working the rope line with actor Kate Beckinsale (who, if you believe what any given amateur blogger says, emceed the event).

Cute Penguin is proof of what one blogger, Adobe Creative Suite and caffeinated soda can accomplish on a quiet weeknight. Just ask our greatest presidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment