"The Childe...More restless than the swallow in the skies..." -Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

Friday, July 13, 2012

Casket Roses on Kentucky Stone

My maternal grandmother passed away a week ago after a long struggle with Alzheimer's. After carrying her casket as a pall bearer, I and other grandchildren were invited to take some flowers from the arrangement on her casket. I took the three roses featured below. Back at my parents Kentucky home I found a section of stonewall to photograph them on. Much love for the late Virginia "Mimi" Lawrence.

Click Images to See Full Size Versions

Original



Artistic Cutout Filter applied in Photoshop CS5



NASA Image of Reflection Nebula Applied

Photo Notes:

The original photo was taken with a Sony Cyber-shot digital camera. For the cosmic version, I added a blue Photo Filter to the whole image. For the stone and flowers I utilized effects: Inner Shadow, Outer Glow, and Drop Shadow.

The cosmic background photo is from the Spitzer Space Telescope Collection. That image of a reflection nebula is gorgeous and can be seen here. Credit goes to NASA/JPL-Caltech/R. A. Gutermuth (Harvard-Smithsonian CfA).

No comments:

Post a Comment