"The Childe...More restless than the swallow in the skies..." -Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

Friday, July 6, 2012

Profile of a Michigan Hiker Triumphant

A person of considerable taste once told me I have a fine profile. ...I think I was told that. Maybe I just wish someone had said that. ...Or maybe they indeed complimented my profile but they were referring to my MySpace page. I don't know. Regardless, ever since, I have believed I don't look half bad when seen from the side.

Or maybe they said I look half bad when seen for the si-...anyway! Recently I completed hiking the Waterloo Pinckney Trail (as opposed to the Waterloo Pinkeye Trail, which Spell Check assures me is the correct name). I hiked the trail in sections of 3 - 6 miles. It was a solitary quest fraught with tense chipmunk encounters, some of which occurred while attempting self-portraits like the one below. But I think the finished product is quite nice. Here I am having just finished the last section of trail. This shot for me typifies the hiker triumphant.


Aw, for the love...the freakin' dog poop removal sign is in frame. How did I not catch that in Photoshop when I was removing that unwanted freckle (as opposed to all the freckles I clearly wanted readers to see).

Let's try this again, folks. Here is a statelier and more ceremonious profile taken at the next sign over.


What the...?! The Department of Natural Resources misspelled "Hiking" on the sign! It figures. Darn DNR. Don't get me started on them.

You know what? Forget the profile pictures. Here are some nice views from my recent hikes in Pinckney Recreation Area. Enjoy!

Click on images to see larger versions.




No comments:

Post a Comment