"The Childe...More restless than the swallow in the skies..." -Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

Friday, September 14, 2012

Receiving the Sunset with Texturizer

Cheap camera! Splotchy resolution! My hasty purchase of a Vivitar somethin'er'other has been a major frustration. I hoped jumping from a cheap 3.2 Megapixel camera to a cheap 12.1 Megapixel camera would up the quality. Nope. Lesson learned. Next camera purchase will be a true investment. Anyhooo, I've decided to make the most of my limited camera by playing aggressively in Photoshop CS5.

Click on images to see them full-size.


These two images utilize the Texturizer filter in Photoshop. With one easy customizable tool, I've created the impression my photos have been printed on canvas. Somehow, for me anyway, the texture cancels out the splotchy resolution. Hope you enjoy.

We will be losing our green leaves soon, and they didn't have a very fun lifetime thanks to the dry summer. So here they are, receiving the low-angle rays of the setting sun. The view is from my porch.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment