"The Childe...More restless than the swallow in the skies..." -Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

Friday, October 26, 2012

Lake Michigan dons a Diffuse Glow

My quest continues to redeem low-quality photos by employing Photoshop filters. Frankly, I think this time the results are great. On my recent vacation, I visited the Lake Michigan coast. Here is what I was able to do in Photoshop with two pictures taken on a cheap digital camera.

Click on images to see the sharper, full-size versions.

Lake Michigan - Photoshop Diffuse Glow Filter - Vivitar ViviCam T027

Above is the view looking northwest from Rosy Mound Natural Area near Grand Haven. Below is a southwest view, also treated with the Diffuse Glow Filter in Photoshop CS5.

Lake Michigan - Photoshop Diffuse Glow Filter - Vivitar ViviCam T027

Lastly, here is a traditional image taken at Rosy Mound Natural Area using a
Kodak EasyShare.


If you'd like to see a few more images of this wonderful Michigan locale,
visit my Picasa album. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment