"The Childe...More restless than the swallow in the skies..." -Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

Friday, March 29, 2013

A Snowy Start to 2013 Hiking

As in 2012, I have made my first visit of the year to Waterloo Recreation Area in March. Unlike last year, this time there was still snow on the ground. Compare the below picture of the Old Field Trail with one taken last March.


In truth, the hiking last Saturday was wonderful. I did four of the trails originating from the Eddy Discovery Center and topped it off spying two sandhill cranes on the shore of Mill Lake. Beautiful birds! They were too far away for my camera. I watched them for a couple of minutes through this viewer on the observation deck.


As the season progresses, I will populate an album on my Google+ account:
Waterloo Recreation Area 2013 There are a few images already there. And feel free to browse my other public albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment