"The Childe...More restless than the swallow in the skies..." -Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Big Band at Sunset

As part of my regimen for not spending all summer in a coffee shop, I headed to West Park in Ann Arbor to watch a community band perform. This is the type of band I might have happily ended up in had I stuck with trumpet beyond sophomore year in high school (didn't merely quit, transferred my focus to theatre).

I learned of the Ann Arbor Civic Band through a co-worker who graces the woodwinds section with her ongoing devotion to both music and community. The below picture captures last week's Tribute to the Big Band Era. Had I taken the photo at a different moment, you would see couples swing dancing on the sidewalk as the sun sets. Good times!



No comments:

Post a Comment