"The Childe...More restless than the swallow in the skies..." -Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Five Times a Moth

A little over a year ago, I performed at a Moth StorySLAM for the first time. Telling a true and personal story live was something I wanted to try. It was nerve-wracking. But it was the adventure I needed. Tonight was my fifth time performing. Each storytelling has included a lot of struggle and second guessing (and wishing storytelling came easier to me). Each time has been worth it.

The audiences at a Moth performance tend to be awesome and gracious. After the performance tonight I had the chance to talk with a few people about the experience. This meant, in its own way, as much as telling the story did. I'm so grateful for the people who approached me afterward and visited. It took me a good hour to wind down, and chatting with people from the audience helped. If any of them should read this, thank you. I hope we meet again in a place where great stories are told.

Here is a link to one of my Moth StorySLAM performances.

A photo posted by Michigan Radio (@michiganradio) on

No comments:

Post a Comment