"The Childe...More restless than the swallow in the skies..." -Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Fanboy Awakens for Star Wars' Trailer

As part of quality control on my blog, I have pre-watched the following video seven times and counting. There continue to be some bittersweet feelings and anxiety for old-school fans. As a boy, I watched the original trilogy unfold in the late 1970s and early 80s. For the record, I am optimistic for this new incarnation of Star Wars.


Coming Soon to this Blog: An Elegy

I've been working hard on a new poem with a Star Wars tie-in. Totally geeky, I know! It should hopefully be a fun piece for those of us feeling nostalgia for the original trilogy. As a literary wrinkle, this new elegy is inspired by a classic: Thomas Gray's "Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard".

Check back in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment