"The Childe...More restless than the swallow in the skies..." -Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Stars Wars: Rogue One - A Pre-Sequel

First off, this trailer is downright cool. The cast looks cool. I am officially eager to see the finished product. The rest of this hurried blogpost will be the shameless work of a curmudgeon.


As I said on Facebook, "At long last, we will learn exactly how the Rebel Alliance discovered there was a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port."

As @megturney has pointed out on Twitter, the lead character has a Katniss/Hunger Games vibe (beginning with hairstyle).

To the defenders of manhood (aka trolls) who will likely cry out that this is now two Star Wars films in a row that are sexist against men--cuz um, they star women--I will peremptorily point out that a Han Solo prequel is in the works, so, let's all just chill and enjoy Star Wars Episode 3a...or is it Episode 3b? Besides, didn't I mention that this cast looks cool?

Lastly, I'm already getting an idea for a sequel called, Stars Wars: Rogue One, Episode 2--The Legacy of the Womp Rat. It will be a buddy story featuring grade school versions of Luke Skywalker and Biggs Darklighter learning to bulls-eye, well...I think I've already said too much. But suffice it to say it will be a sort of Star Wars meets Stand By Me coming of age space opera.

The Disney era of Star Wars is truly upon us.

Why have I become a Star Wars curmudgeon you may ask? Read my poem!

1 comment: